Here’s where I report on how I’m progressing towards my goals of making $1 million in 999 days.
Each month I report on exactly how much I made, what things I’ve learned, what I’ve achieved, and of course, all the mistakes I’ve done (oh yes – I’m NEVER short on material for that section!). Expect my report the first week of each new month.
My goal is to be completely transparent to you – you’ll see what’s working for me, what’s not, and what my strategies are. That way when you decide to go it alone, whether it be for $1, $1 million, $1 billion, or just for fun – you won’t have to make all the mistakes I did. Hey, wouldn’t that make it so much easier?
- Moved back from Australia to London (well, just outside London).
- I relaunched my blog (yep, the one you’re reading) and began blogging regularly – YES!
- Started doing video interviews again here on this blog – something I knew I really enjoyed from my days as a DJ.
- Got 2x great mentors who advise me regularly.
- Reached 2,000 followers on Twitter – yes, you might say followers mean nothing, but I struggled to get over 100 followers for the first year of using Twitter! So now I feel a little cooler (here’s how I grew my following).
- Started working in something similar to a ‘job’ for the first time in five years.
- Drew up a short list of my upcoming startup projects and began working on my favourite two.
1. Income in past month: £3K
2. Blog visitors in past month:
3. Overall net worth -£3,000 (remaining student loan & credit card)
Main things I learnt
- Different countries can have very different market conditions (Picking up web design/marketing business in Oz is relatively easy and well-paid; London is less so).
- Working for someone when your goal is to be an entrepreneur can be a positive thing, even recommended.
- Having a strong digital footprint (blog, Linkedin, Twitter) is the modern way of getting past the velvet rope at the digital Studio 54.
- I’m loving learning and spending time on my current projects – a great full circle from a year ago when I wasn’t happy in my career choice.
- Even in this digital world – you can’t beat making real-life contacts. This takes time, but it’s much more fulfilling.
Plans for next month
- Big goal will be to pay off remaining student loan (€3K) – that WILL feel good.
- Earning goal: £4K p.m. (employment or other)
- Apply to Founders Institute.
- Join/create a high-quality Masterminds & one more experienced mentor.
- Validate and move forward 2x entrepreneurial projects I’m getting off the ground and VERY excited about.
- Blog targets
- Increase my SEO – been pretty weak on this to date, and my organic search analytics proves this. Need to focus on this area this month.
- Target 1,500 unique visitors.
- Write an ebook or core piece of content.
- 12 more blog posts (three per week) minimum.
What I need help with
- White hot programmer who might want to work on some cool projects together. Know someone? Please get in touch.
- Million dollar mentor – ideally someone who has founded, launched, and exited their own major startup. Would ask one hour of their time every fortnight/month to discuss my plans.
- Kick-ass marketing positions – know anyone looking for marketing help? I’m keen to help and always looking for a great marketing position with a world-beating company (startup much preferred) – know any? Here’s my lowdown (sorry, can only look at paid positions at the moment).
Any ideas or feedback? Please leave them below.
Million Dollar Update 1: Ireland