Here’s where I report on how I’m progressing towards my goals of making $1 million in 999 days.
Each month I report on exactly how much I made, what things I’ve learned, what I’ve achieved, and of course, all the mistakes I’ve done (oh yes – I’m NEVER short on material for that section!). Expect my report the first week of each new month.
My goal is to be completely transparent to you – you’ll see what’s working for me, what’s not, and what my strategies are. That way when you decide to go it alone, whether it be for $1, $1 million, $1 billion, or just for fun – you won’t have to make all the mistakes I did. Hey, wouldn’t that make it so much easier?
Report 2 (sorry for the gap since last report – it’s been nuts recently)
- Started working in a full-time job for the first time in 6 years! It’s with a amazing startup with massive aspirations (I talk about how I got to this point in this blog article) – learning loads with them right now.
- I see working with a high growth startup as a core part of my million dollar journey – less for the money I’ll earn (although it will allow me to clear my debts built up form past 10 years and save enough to be able to sustain myself when I launch my own business in the near future) but more for
- What I will learn
- Being exposed to the mentality in a high growth, funded startup
- Being around great, talented people – and making lots of rockstar developer contacts (which I’ll need down the line)
- Moved to centralLondon– being in the middle of things in such a great city is awesome!
- Became single again for the first time in almost 3 years (feels a little weird TBH)
- Met one of my entrepreneurial hero’s
- Income in past month: £2.7K GBP (man it would be SO MUCH more if I didn’t have to pay taxes – grrrrr)
- Overall net worth: – £6K GBP (loans outstanding for student & business loans built up over past 6 years)
Main things I learnt
- Being really driven and ambitious can mean you having to make difficult decisions – gotta trust your gut as to what the right thing is. It’s all you got
- Depending of your background – I believe that working for a high growth Startup could be the single best thing to do – I’m learning TONS right now including:
- How to optimise virality in a business/social game
- Advanced Facebook display advertising strategies
- Amplifying messages through channels with established large audiences (sports/music personalities)
- Working full-time brings its challenges when also wanting to blog 5 times a week – struggled with it this month. Taught me a big lesson that I need to outsource/automate more – watch this space
- Reaching out to people you admire is easier than you think - I’m going to do this more often and push myself to meet people I would normally not consider possible
Plans for next month
- Automate/outsource every aspect of this blog except the creation of content. This should free up my time so I can post more regularly (3 times a week minimum)
- Begin pushing my main startup idea Internalized again now I’ve found my routine a bit better in my new job
- Plan is to have validated many of my core assumptions for this idea by this time next month
- Create a full timeplan for my million dollar challenge – 870 days to go! – Will have this for you for next Monday
- Join/create a high-quality Masterminds & one experienced mentor
- Need to begin generating some income outside my day job (with it affecting my day job performance) will be back to you on this one
- Create a great email series for this blog
- Keep chipping away at my debt – my goal is to be completely NET positive by NYE
What I need help with
Looking to connect with experienced entrepreneurs to interview for this blog – if you have any suggestions please let me know
Million Dollar Report 2, Startup Remarkable